Alta Lodge’s new seasonal employee handbook results from various research, collected data, and design expertise to represent the Alta Lodge brand in a cohesive and relevant way and tell the story of Alta Lodge.
Before this redesign, Alta Lodge was struggling with getting their employees to read the handbook. This resulted in a lack of internal communication and training. The previous guide was not designed for the user but rather the author. This manual was hard to read and understand as the information, especially the critical information, was not easy to find.
- Called attention to essential elements and used design principles to add hierarchy and usability.
- Utilized headers and subheaders to condense the information down into a user-friendly readable document.
- Added an interactive table of contents for an easy-to-use tool of navigation.
- Added QR codes to encourage interactivity.
- Incorporated branding and established brand principles into the document to enhance the overall brand.
- Included historical photos to give the user a sense of loyalty and to feel a part of the company.
- Rearranged the information using color, typographical hierarchy, and icons to add visual interest.