The way the public perceives The Grand America Hotel is affected by the messaging architecture delivered in response to online reviews. A great deal of thought and effort has gone into responses in the past and a strategy report that will help guide the response to reviews in the future was needed. A current public perception issue pertaining to the Grand America Hotel has is how they come across to their guests, versus how they want to come across. Are they genuine? Do they seem passive? Are they trying to hide something? These are all questions that current responses inspire due to a lack of strategy.
This strategy is based on the following:
- Audit-based review of 50 negative reviews and the response.
- Rhetorical Analysis of current messaging architecture based on the 50 responses surveyed.
- Evaluate competitor’s negative review responses to add insight to response recommendations.
The above is taken into account when providing recommendations and tactics on how to respond to online reviews.
A well-researched and thoughtfully composed communication strategy plan (which includes tactics) inspires a more positive public perception and also saves time for those who are constructing and writing those responses.
The goals for the communication strategy plan are to:
- Provide consistent messaging in response to reviews.
- Create a messaging architecture that can’t be perceived as defensive or dismissive.
- Establish the roles and responsibilities of those involved in the Online Review Response process.
- Establish a list of guidelines and requirements that each response must adhere to.
- Generate a company policy that will guide the process from receipt to response.